Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chris Kaman edges closer to return


Chris Kaman edges closer to return

The center, who has missed the last 42 games because of plantar fasciitis of his left foot, thinks he could be back in the lineup in about two weeks.  Kaman has missed the last 42 games this season with the Clippers because of plantar fasciitis of his left foot.

"At the beginning, it was really frustrating for me," said Kaman, who was averaging 13.9 points and 9.4 rebounds before the injury. "Because I was uncertain when I was going to play. Knowing now what I know, I wish I could have known back then how long it was going to be.  "I have to be patient. I can't really complain or do anything about it. Just wait and let it heal and take my time, not overdo it.

 

"Obviously it [stinks] but there's nothing I can do about it, got to try to get back into shape now and get ready to play. I'm looking down the road and not looking behind me."  "I'm a little nervous just because I'm still having some pain down there in my foot," he said. "They're saying it's just scar tissue breaking up. I'm hoping everybody knows what they're talking about and I think they do."

RESPONSE:  Any athlete who has missed a large number of games due to plantar fasciitis probably has a very extreme presentation of the condition.  It is rare for plantar fasciitis to affect a well conditioned athlete so profoundly.  Unless Kaman had a surgical procedure to release the plantar fascia, I’m not sure why he was being told that his “scar tissue” is breaking up.  Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the plantar fascia, a strong ligament that runs from our heel to the ball of our foot.  If indeed he did have a surgical procedure, scar tissue is likely to form as a consequence.  Breaking up this scar tissue takes time, as well as proper massage of the fibrous tissues.  


Central Florida Foot and Ankle Center, LLC.
101 6TH St. NW.
Winter Haven, Fl. 33881
863-299-4551

http://www.flfootandankle.com

No comments:

Central Florida Foot and Ankle Center